Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Kale and Tomato Pasta

Two nights ago we tried a new recipe (from my favorite- Martha!) - and it turned out ok.  I added some Parmesan at the end to throw in a little cheese and the husband added some butter and cheese to his to make a bit of a sauce.  We're thinking of trying a buttery lemon sauce to go on it next time to add a bit of flavor and make it a bit more than just some vegetables with noodles.

However - for my first time trying something with kale I think it turned out ok and I definitely plan to try more kale recipes in the future - it's just a vegetable that's so packed with nutrients and super tasty in the winter!

Here's a few pictures from my prep last night:




And as I'm a bad blogger - all I have for the final meal is a picture of my leftovers for lunch yesterday :-/!  But the website had a nice picture of what it ideally could turn out to look like.



Also - in case you're curious how the husband is eating pasta since he does low carb - he has found some shirataki tofu noodles at Whole Foods that are low carb friendly!  I don't eat them - but it allows me to make pasta dishes and we just split the toppings between us!!  If you want to find out more about these - check out this article here.

No comments:

Post a Comment